Throughout the last ten years Mike has been an active teacher with the NSW Department of Education teaching in a range of school environments including a K-12 school, secondary school, as well as a Senior College.
A regular speaker at events ranging in size from a handful to several hundred; Mike loves to communicate in a way that inspires and encourages the participants to reach their full potential. His favourite topics to teach on are:
- Motivation and student engagement in the classroom
- Creating a culture of engagement in your school
- How to effectively use technology to increase student engagement and motivation and improve results
- How to creatively communicate with Generation Y&Z
- How to think for a change (explains the latest research on the brain and our understanding on how we learn)
- How to maintain an effective work–life balance
In 2011 Mike was selected to attend the Google Teacher Academy in Sydney Australia. As a Google Certified Teacher Mike is able to work with schools to use the free tools and resources supplied by Google to help engage and motivate your students.
Why Choose Teachers Training?
Mike Reading is a current teacher who presents a realistic & ‘ in the trenches’ approach to teaching which balances the latest research and thinking in education and classroom management with the realities of being a teacher in today’s classroom environment. We realise that as teachers we hate to attend seminars run by ‘experts’ who have not set foot in a classroom for a number of years.
All our seminars and workshops will:
- Deliver classroom management and teaching tips that work
- Presented by a current teacher who has had a wealth of experience in a variety of school settings
- Presented in a way that is enjoyed not endured
- Be backed by the latest research on classroom management and student engagement and learning filtered through what actually works in the ‘real world’
- Be loaded with practical tips and ideas that can be immediately incorporated into your class
“I was impressed that Mike is a current teacher & could relate things to his classroom practice” Kim Rose; Assistant Principal Tullimbar Public
“Finally a presenter who knows how to present…thoroughly enjoyed the day.”
“I loved how mike helped us deconstruct what we do in the classroom, analyse and then reconstruct to set clear goals.”
For more information on having Mike train your teaching staff See The flyer HERE .
You can also contact us via the following methods:
Mail: 3 Farrar Dr North Nowra NSW Australia 2541
Phone: 0402 048 692 (International: +61 402 048 692)
Or fill out the form below: